The exterior of the home counts big for creating first impressions. It is a critical factor in attracting a buyer. Here are a few things you can do to enhance curb appeal.
- Adding colorful flowers, like yellows and pinks, to your landscaping can be the pop of color needed to attract buyers.
- Freshen up your mailbox with a coat of paint or consider a new mailbox. Add new numbers to the box to spruce it up too.
- Driveways can develop stains and a deck can show wear and tear. To remove pesky stains, power wash the deck and driveway to clean them.
- beckon buyers to the front door by adding lighting to the path to the front door. Select solar-powered LED outdoor lights, which don’t require wiring, to brighten up the exterior pathways.
- Invest in a new front door if the current one is looking too old and dingy. A fresh coat of paint may help improve an existing one, if a new door isn’t in the budget. Consider a new color, like red. Also, replace the hardware, like the doorbell and locks to give the front door a fresh new look.
- Painting the entire house may not be in the budget, but sellers can still make a big impact to the exterior by painting shutters if they are there.